Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Beam me up.


James Doohan
1920 - 2005

Thanks to this man I always multiply estimates by a factor of four. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Kirk: How long to re-fit?
Scotty: Eight weeks. But you don't have eight weeks, so I'll do it for you in two.
Kirk: Do you always multiply your repair estimates by a factor of four?
Scotty: How else to maintain my reputation as a miracle worker?
Kirk: Your reputation is safe with me.

Still my favorite Scotty quote is Scotty explaining how he got rid of the tribbles in Star Trek Episode 42, The Trouble with Tribbles, "Just before they went into warp, I beamed the whole kit and kaboodle into their engine room, where they'll be no tribble at all."

Good Night Mr. Doohan. Your reputation is safe with me too.

Stay Tuned

Tony Figueroa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are so many vintage Scotty moments. From "it's green," to "Admiral, there be whales here." But for me, the quintsential Scotty moment is in DAY OF THE DOVE, where he goes to the armory and sees all the swords. He picks up one and then puts it back in favor of the Scottish sword with the tassles. Does a slight thrust and says with satisfaction - HA!

Classic Scotty.