Monday, March 13, 2006

The REAL Daisy Duke.

Recently I was at an event at a major Hollywood Movie Studio. Impressed? Don't be. I was working the event. In attendance at this event was the original Daisy Duke Catherine Bach. She was invited to the event not working it. I was a fan of The Dukes of Hazzard as a pre-teen, then teen. I wanted to go up to her and say something, but something that did not make me sound like a geek, dork or trekker. I'm sure that Ms. Bach is well aware of all that she did for prepubescent boys during the last few years of the sexual revolution. I did not want to say anything that sounds cliche like, "I'm your biggest fan" or "I love your work". Then I remembered that she was my generations Daisy Duke. I went up to her and said, "Jessica Simpson has got nothing on you". She looked me in the eye and said, "Thank you. You are so sweet to say that". When she left the event she gave me a wink and I graciously tripped over my shoe.

Since I am on the subject of The Dukes of Hazard. My friends at the ARK theatre company here in Los Angeles are presenting the West Coast Premiere of Hazard County written by Allison Moore and directed by Richard Tatum. Cast: Michael Agrusso, Chairman Barnes, Tracy Eliott, JoBeth Prince, and Mary Pringle.

Hazard County is the story of Ruth Horton (Tracy Eliott), a young, single mom raising two kids in rural Kentucky. Eight years after losing her husband to a murder-turned-media circus, she and her kids find themselves homeless and helpless. Her life takes an unexpected tailspin when she meets Blake (Michael Agrusso), a FOX News producer looking for his next big idea. But are Ruth and Blake telling the truth about who they really are? The action of the play is framed by monologues about the TV show The Dukes of Hazzard, creating a theatrical event that blasts past the Red State/Blue State debate and into a portrait of the contemporary South, where reality collides with politics, racism and mass media.
Plays Thursdays & Saturdays @ 8pm and Sundays at 2pm thru April 30
Purchase tickets online! CLICK HERE

To quote Bo & Daisy Duke,
Bo Duke: Daisy Duke if you wasn't my cousin, I'd marry you!
Daisy Duke: Never stopped anybody in this family before.

Stay Tuned


Tony Figueroa

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Love the plug! Thank you!