Sunday, May 14, 2006

Confessions of a Wingnut Part 2.

Wingnut: A fan of the Aaron Sorkin political drama TV series The West Wing.

Last January I wrote an article titled CHILD OF TELEVISION: Confessions of a Wingnut. There I expressed my sadness over the loss of one of my favorite shows. I also listed my predictions for how the show would end.

Bartlet is able to broker peace between Russia and China over Kazakhstan thus ending his presidency on a high note securing his legacy. That unresolved problem landed on Santos' desk.


Bartlet's good press only helps fellow Democrat Santos win the election. Well, I got it half right.

As Bartlet's final presidential act he pardons Toby Ziegler (Richard Schiff) for his role in the military shuttle leak. I nailed that one.

The show will deal with the loss of actor John Spencer (Leo McGarry). Okay it didn't happen in the final episode, but Leo's (and John's) presence was strongly felt especially showing the cocktail napkin with "Bartlet for America" written on it at the end.

I think that it would be very cool if Santos on Josh Lyman’s (Bradley Whitford) recommendation appoints Sam Seaborn (Rob Lowe) as vice president. Well, Rob Lowe came back. I guess the rest of it was just wishful thinking.

Even though I’m saddened to see The West Wing go, this cloud has a silver lining. The creative team of Aaron Sorkin and Thomas Schlamme will premier a new show on NBC this fall Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, A behind-the-scenes look at a fictional sketch-comedy TV show.

Once again to quote Leo McGarry, There are two things in the world you never want people to see how you make them - laws and sausages.

Stay Tuned


Tony Figueroa

PS: That was a cool cameo Aaron.

No comments: