Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dick Martin

This is going to sound very strange. A few days ago I was in contact with Dave White (Talking Television With Dave White) and we were talking about me being on his June 3rd show to discuss Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In.

Laugh In is was one of my earliest television memories and I am sure the shows fast pace was so appealing to my young attention and nonexistent span.

Last night I was doing some research on the show and was especially enjoying the following interview for the Archive of American Television Archive of American Television: Look that up in your Funk and Wagnalls -- "Laugh-In" is forty!

You can imagine my shock and surprise when I wake up this morning to learn that Dick Martin died last night. He was an amazing comedian, actor, writer and director. I will be talking about Mr. Martin very soon, but for right now it is just comforting to know that Dan & Dick are back together again.

Dan Rowan: "Say good night, Dick."

Dick Martin: "Good night, Dick!"

Stay Tuned

Tony Figueroa

No comments: