Friday, May 22, 2009

Your Mental Sorbet: Carson's next-to-last night

Here is another "Mental Sorbet" that we could use to momentarily forget about those things that leave a bad taste in our mouths.




As his retirement approached, Johnny Carson tried to avoid too much sentimentality, but would periodically show clips of some of his favorite moments and revisit with some of his favorite guests. However, no one was quite prepared for Carson's next-to-last night, where his final guests his guests were Robin Williams and Bette Midler.

“And so it has come to this: I, uh... am one of the lucky people in the world; I found something I always wanted to do and I have enjoyed every single minute of it. I want to thank the gentlemen who've shared this stage with me for thirty years. Mr. Ed McMahon, Mr. Doc Severinsen, and you people watching. I can only tell you that it has been an honor and a privilege to come into your homes all these years and entertain you. And I hope when I find something that I want to do and I think you would like and come back that you'll be as gracious in inviting me into your home as you have been. I bid you a very heartfelt good night”.



Stay Tuned



Tony Figueroa

No comments: