Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy 2010

Dear Readers,I have been spending Christmas in Ohio and New Years at home in Hollywood.

Again, I was never one for New Year’s resolutions and here is why,

but since I've done it for the last couple of years I thought that I could make it a yearly feature on my blog.

Last year I resolved to do more reading (Especially reading more classics and more plays).
I did do a lot more reading in 2009, but not as many classics or plays as I wanted to. In my defense that since, I became a contributor to TV CONFIDENTIAL with Ed Robertson and Frankie Montiforte I have been reading the books that our guests have written.
So this year again I plan to read more classics and more plays and take more advantage of my local library.

Last year I resolved to take a greater interest in current events outside the entertainment industry.
Well, I can say that I took a greater interest in current events and was disturbed at how much entertainment news passes for real news (TV Confidential Archives 063009.mp3). TMZ is trash, but they're not always wrong.

This year I again resolve to take a greater interest in current events outside the entertainment industry if that is even possible.Again this year it would be ridiculous for me to say that."I resolve to watch less television" but I said it last year and I did wind up watching less TV and it was not because of any self discipline on my part CHILD OF TELEVISION: Fall 2009.
This year I resolve to watch less television. Don't worry I should have enough to write and talk about.

Last year I resolved to do more blogging and podcasting.
This year I resolve to do more blogging, writing, interviews, story telling and stand-up.

Last year I resolved to patronise more "Mom & Pop" business' in my neighborhood.
I did patronise more "Mom & Pop" business' in my neighborhood.
And this year I resolve to patronise even more "Mom & Pop" business' in my neighborhood.

To quote Dave Garroway, the first host of the Today Show who closed each program with an upraised hand and the single word, "Peace".

Stay Tuned &

Happy New Year








Tony & Donna Figueroa

1 comment:

American Baby Names said...

thank you very much have a happy 2010..