Friday, December 21, 2012

Mayan Sorbet

Here is a "MAYAN SORBET" that we could use to have a good laugh at the end of the world.

Mayan Apocalypse in SENSURROUND
On Friday, Dec. 21, some say, the Mayan apocalypse will arrive and the world will end.

I wanted to depict the end of the world with help from my favorite 1970's disaster movie and a song that I could not get out of my head. 


Earthquake (1974)
A disaster movie where an all-star casts attempt to survive life and death situations. The plot concerns the struggle for survival after a catastrophic earthquake destroys most of the city of Los Angeles. The movie is notable for the use of an innovative sound reproduction system called Sensurround which created the sense of actually experiencing an earthquake in theaters.

"It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" is a song by the rock band R.E.M., which appeared on their 1987 album Document, the 1988 compilation Eponymous, and the 2006 compilation And I Feel Fine... The Best of the I.R.S Years 1982--1987. It was released as a single in November 1987, reaching No. 69 US Billboard Hot 100 and later reaching No. 39 in the UK singles chart on its re-release in December 1991.


"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always twenty years behind the times." - Mark Twain.

So Long

Tony Figueroa

No comments: