Thursday, August 08, 2013

Karen Black - Trilogy of Terror

Karen Black died today in Los Angeles from ampullary cancer at age 74.

When I first heard the sad news my mind went to Trilogy of Terror a three-part made-for-television horror film, first aired as an ABC Movie of the Week on March 4, 1975. 

 

Amelia was filmed as a one woman play, with Karen Black as the only actor. It was also the only film of three to be adapted by its author, Richard Matheson, who based Amelia on his short story, Prey.

I then quickly remembered that Donna and I did an episode of the web series The Tell-Tale Zone "The Crazy Doll". At the end, Donna pays tribute to Karen Black in Amelia.


I love playing strong women, even if they're nuts- Karen Black 


Good Night Ms. Black


Stay Tuned



Tony Figueroa 

 


No comments: