Reuters is reporting that the 42-year-old vessel will be dismantled for its metal and parts.
The 19,903-ton, 600-passenger ship has been docked in Genoa, Italy for several years. The vessel last sailed for Spanish-based Quail Cruises after changing hands a couple times since sailing for Princess Cruises from 1975 until 2002.
Built in 1971 for Flagship Cruises as the Sea Venture, the ship was renamed Pacific Princess in 1975 after joining the Princess fleet. It gained worldwide fame over the subsequent decade as the backdrop for ABC's The Love Boat television series, which aired from 1977 to 1986.
- Gavin MacLeod as Captain Merrill Stubing, "Your Captain"
- Bernie Kopell as Dr. Adam "Doc" Bricker, "Your Ship's Doctor"
- Fred Grandy as Burl "Gopher" Smith, "Your Yeoman Purser"
- Ted Lange as Isaac Washington, "Your Bartender"
- Lauren Tewes as Julie McCoy, "Your Cruise Director"
- Jill Whelan as Vicki Stubing, the captain's daughter
- Ted McGinley as Ashley "Ace" Covington Evans, "Your Ship's Photographer"
- Pat Klous as Judy McCoy, Julie's sister and her successor as cruise director