Friday, January 09, 2015

Your Mental Sorbet: Behind the scenes as Mad Magazine turns 60

On Wednesday I was watching the horific news about the two masked gunmen entered the offices of the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo and killing 12 people. I was remembering how I grew up on MAD magazine. "The Usual Gang of Idiots" taught me the art of parody, satire and that no one is above being made fun of. 
Anyone who uses bullets against a group of people whose main weapon are pencils and paper are trying to compensate for something. I wonder what that could be. No one is impressed. This does not make you a big man. Humorists all over the world are sharpening their pencils. 
They ALWAYS have the last laugh.
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Stay Tuned

Tony Figueroa

No comments: